Thursday, April 28, 2011

Toronto Alternative Fashion and Arts Week 2011: Tuesday April 26th, Day 1

The first day of F.A.T. 2011 was definitely an experience.  I've never attended before and as my virgin FAT experience, I have to say it was pretty cool because not only am i blogging officially for Toronto Alternative Fashion and Arts Week, I get to an all access pass to meet and greet with the designers, artists, performers and innovators. 

To read my reviews click here:

Check out some of the pics below:



Some of my chosen from each runway show below:

Martin Lim





Epoque by Thea Barber:







DeMoyo: 










Some of the "Alternative" attendees below:










Louis J. Manzo below. Collaborating with Baby Steinberg, whom I've featured in previous articles before,  their collection is called Miller Monroe and features an innovative twist on menswear.  Their show is scheduled for runway this Friday the 29th. Come and check them out!


An amazing performance by NLP below. You can read my review on them here:







One of the cool things about the event is that it features something called The Dressing Room Project. This is a showcase of different installations that reflect on fashion, clothing and creativity. Below is the Teddy Bear Project which had these cool and freakish little huggables. 

These ones were my favs:




Me and my homegirl Che, who's also blogging for FAT:



No comments:

Post a Comment